Saturday, September 4, 2010

More water


You can't see the expressions on the faces of my sheep but I can tell you they are fed up with all the mud.  One flood was a novelty but a second in as many weeks is just too much.  The small creek has been dry for years.  Today the flood is keeping the sheep in the top corner and restricting their roaming - so inconvenient!
I went for a walk to take the photos and ended up all muddy even with gumboots - very slippery.


                                   

I am very impressed by this bridge.  Bridge you ask??  Our son T built this bridge when he was very young.  It may not have been the perfect bridge but it has been in the creek for a long time.  Our main bridge built using sleepers totally washed away.

This morning I was on my way to the Daylesford Market. I drove as far as Creswick and decided that driving in all this rain wasn't for me. So I came home. I have repacked for the market tomorrow at the Abbotsford Convent. I will travel to Melbourne by train so I need to be organised and pack the stock into one bag.

And now I am going to spend the afternoon weaving and listening to knitting podcasts







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...