Tuesday, October 26, 2010

City Sheep


These sheep I call the city sheep.  The sheep sculptures by Les Kossatz are situated on the grass outside
Cafe Vic at the Arts Centre in Melbourne.


  I wonder what my sheep would think if they came to live here and eat the grass.



I remember shearing time when I was a child.  After the sheep had been shorn the shearer would  direct the sheep to run down the ramp into the counting yard.



Occasionally a sheep would walk back up the ramp and back into the shed.  Wouldn't think a sheep would wish to be shorn all over again.  Just inquisitive I guess.


So even when I am at the Arts Centre Market there are sheep close by.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

My husband and I (from Oregon) just visited Australia - Adelaide, Kangaroo Island, and Flinders Range. If I'd known about the sheep statues in Melbourne, maybe we'd have gone there. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...