Thursday, January 5, 2012

Shearing


The sheep waiting to be shorn. We managed to get all the sheep in the yards without Stella leading the flock astray.

Some of the fleece ready for me to spin.  I really enjoy shearing once the sheep are in the yard and the shearer is at work.  Well I'm even happier when shearing is finished and I can look at the wool.
All the fleeces have been sorted.  Some fleeces are for yarns, some for weaving and some will be for sale.  Yesterday I finished cleaning the shed.

2 comments:

baukje said...

That looks like great wool. I remember the smell, so rural and so good. I have friends in Holland, they live on a very simple selfsupporting way. No electricity ...... She is always knitting with the wool in the natural colors, so warm and so beautiful.....

colleen said...

Lovely fleeces. Just so nice when job done and you can put your hands in the staples.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...