Wednesday, May 25, 2011

This Week's Colours

 It is a busy week here dyeing kilos of yarn. I have been winding yarn into hanks on my trusty hanking machine which saves so much time when yarn is on cones.


The dye supply was low so I have mixed colours and have a full range of dyes in bottles to choose from now.



A small sample of yarns which will be available at the Arts Centre Market in Melbourne on Sunday. Some of the yarn I have been dyeing has been for friends who are talented knitters.  Looking forward to seeing the knitted results.

Sock yarn is next to be dyed and after disappointing a few customers I will hopefully put some smiles on sock knitters faces on Sunday.

Have washed a couple of fleeces today.  David has cleaned the chimney so the heater is working again and warming the loft.  I do have to go out to the studio this afternoon to wind more yarn but luckily I have lots of knitting to get done so I'll sit by the heater.

1 comment:

colleen said...

Hi Sue, my studio air con is finally working, so definitely working in the warm. You have lovely colours. Happy spinning, dyeing, etc.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...