Thursday, September 22, 2011

Recipe Book


This recipe book is at least 70 years old.  It was one of my mother's treasures and she gave it to me when I moved into my first flat.  I wish I had asked her who made it.  The book looks like it was a woodwork project and I think my father may have made it at the Stawell Technical School.  He made a table and other items as well as producing some cool technical drawings.

The book is made using a cut down school exercise book.  The "cook" is drawn onto the ply wood and then painted.  The edge is decorated with burnt notches.

My first recipes were rather basic and some are recipes I had cut out of the Womens Weekly.  There are a few of my mothers recipes as well as a list of plates, cutlery, salt and pepper shakers.  I guess that is a list in preparation for a party.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...