Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Yesterday's Pickings


At last our tomatoes are gaining some colour.  Yesterday I picked these tomatoes, different levels of redness and all sizes.  We enjoyed some for lunch today.  I made a yummy herb dressing.  Nothing like a home grown tomato.  So many green tomatoes still to ripen I think I'll make chutney this year.

And continuing the red theme

Hawthorne berries - these are larger berries and dark red.

Most of the trees have a smaller berry which is bright red.  Birds are well fed here.

And in case you are wondering why my business is Hawthorne Cottage.    Some quick thinking had to be done when I went to register my business name. The best name ever thought up was already taken (can't even remember what it was now).  The impatient guy behind the counter told me to quickly think of something and as I love  the hawthorne trees on our farm that was it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...